Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Someone Is Going To Get Hurt, But It Will Be Great




Saturday March 1 live on Showtime, it is the rubbermatch between WBC Super Bantamweight Champion Israel Vasquez and for WBC Super Bantamweight Champion Rafael Marquez. Hot Damn!!!!! Their first two fights took place last year and were both great action, no die fights and let me tell you the third one will be no different. These are two fighters that when I hear their names mentioned I think of blood, guts, never say die fighters. The first fight took place on March 3, 2007 and it was great from the start. Both guys were hurt and both weathered the storm. The fight ended when Israel Vasquez told his trainer Freddie Roach that his nose was broken and he could not breathe. So he did not answer the bell in the 7th round and Marquez won by TKO and became the WBC Champion. A few dumba$$es said that Vasquez quit and he was not a true champion. Let me help you out, cut the b.s. Vasquez is a never say die fighter so I truly believed him when he said he could not continue. Never in my mind did I think he was being a quitter. So 5 months later, August 4, 2007, they did it again. This time Vasquez was ready, nose healed and all. The fight once again was a never say die blood and guts type of fight. Both guys were rocked but this time Vasquez seemed to be the stronger fighter. Vasquez got Marquez hurt and forced the ref to stop the fight. Some may argue it was a little premature but it is based on your personal opinion. So Vasquez reclaimed his WBC Super Bantamweight title but you know what they had to do it again. It is 1-1 and there has to be a tiebreaker which leads us to March 1, 2008. I am picking Vasquez like I did for the first two fights. You could say I am 1-1 too. I just believe Vasquez is the stronger more natural at the weight fighter than Marquez. However you can not count out Marquez because he won the first fight and he is still a tough Mexican warrior. If you missed any part of the first two fights or just want a refresher, check out this site on Showtime that is exclusive for the Vasquez-Marquez trilogy. It is going to be another great one, I guarantee. Don't Miss It!!!!http://www.sho.com/site/sports/VazquezVSMarquezIII.do

No comments: