Monday, February 25, 2008

Sugar Shane Mosley vs Zab Judah

************************Breaking News**********************
Mosley-Judah has been pushed back to May 31, 2008 instead of May 17.




As some of you may have heard, Sugar Shane Mosley is supposed to fight Zab "Supa Dupa Dumb" Judah on May 17, 2008 on HBOPPV. Well you can tell by the first sentence as well as previous posts who I am rooting for. If not I will tell you as plain as day, I DON'T LIKE ZAB JUDAH!!!! This fight is very interesting because Shane Mosley is coming off a very close loss to Miguel Cotto in November and Zab was TKOd by Cotto in June 2007. Zab has since gotten back in the win column beating some journeyman, now he thinks he is the best again. I look at this fight as more or less a crossroads fight. If Shane wins and looks good doing it he can possibly get a rematch with Miguel Cotto, maybe get Floyd Mayweather Jr pending his fight with Oscar, maybe a fight with Cintron or Margarito depending on who wins their fight, as well as a third fight with Vernon Forrest if Shane's wife allows it. If Zab wins he could be in line for some of those fights as well especially the rematch with Cotto that he desires so much. Zab keeps saying he wants a rematch with Mayweather too but I don't really see that fight coming in to play. Zab has shaken up his camp though by supposedly hiring and working with Floyd Mayweather Sr. I will admit I do not know how this is going to work since Floyd Sr. is working exclusively with Oscar De La Hoya. I guess time will tell how that relationship will work because Floyd Sr. will not drop Oscar for Supa Dupa Dumb Judah. As this fight gets closer to the date I will be talking a lot more about it but keep your eyes open because the official announcement should be coming real soon.

2 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

Zab needs this... baaaaddd... although afterwards, his career will be over... I'm putting my money on Sugar

#1Pound4Pound said...

I totally agree Zab needs this fight horribly bad if he wants to continue his career at the top level. However if you keep reading around my blog you find out I am not a Zab fan. He has let me down too many times by losing focus and acting stupid in the process. I think he is very disrespectful and not a good representative of what a champion should be.