Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Heavyweight Unification Bout (Try To Get Excited)


On Saturday night live from Madison Square Garden the first Heavyweight Title Unification bout since 1999 is going to take place. IBF Heavyweight Champion Wladmir Klitschko will take on WBO Heavyweight Champion Sultan Ibragimov. Klitschko is the favorite to win because he is considered to be the best heavyweight in the world however I am not counting Ibragimov out. Honestly the heavyweight division is boring and has been for quite some time. I am hoping this fight brings not only clarity to the division but also some excitement. I have only seen Ibragimov fight twice and he is decent but not overly impressive to me. Klitschko has done very well with Emmanuel Steward but has had a shady chin in the past. Plus in boxing anything can happen. I hope this fight turns out to be a good one so tune in Saturday to HBO to watch fight live.

No comments: