Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Clinton Woods vs Antonio Tarver??? I'll Believe It When I See It








Word on the Light Heavyweight circuit is Clinton Woods the IBF Light Heavyweight Champion is coming to Tampa to face Antonio Magic Fool Tarver on April 12. This fight will be the main event with Glen Johnson vs Chad Dawson as the co-main event. If this actually happens it will be live on Showtime. This is an attempt to set the winners up to face each other later in the year to have a little more clarity in the Light Heavyweight division. Hold up wait a minute. I said Antonio Magic Fool Tarver was involved and when you hear his name his magic act appears by his name magically never making it as signature to a fight contract. I know some of you are like don't say that or why don't you like Tarver. Well Tarver tends to be what I call a buster, a liar and just plain fake. He claims to be the best and then makes millions of excuses as to why certain fights never happen such as a third fight with Glen Johnson or a fight with Chad Dawson. Or he will call out guys who either have lost recently or are not that good anymore such as Jeff Lacy. However he will fight club fighter Elvir Muriqi or simple journeyman Danny Santiago. Tarver strung Danny Green on until he couldn't wait anymore last year. However for Green that may have been best because he ended up fighting Stipe Drews and beating him for the WBA Light Heavyweight Belt. Tarver tends to just not sign contracts with fighters who he knows have the confidence to knock his a$$ out. Hell the other day he called me and asked me how much I weighed and if I wanted to fight (Joke). However I may not be a fighter but for a buster like him I would train hard and KO him. If the fight goes off I give Clinton Woods a strong chance to beat Tarver. He is tough and a hard puncher, a lot better than when Roy Jones TKO him in 2002. Hopefully this fight will happen and my dream of seeing Tarver go through the ropes will come true. But remember with Tarver there is always that magic disappearing trick up his sleeve.

No comments: