Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Rumor... Wrong!!!! Possibility... Sadly Yes

Mike Tyson-Evander Holyfield III????? I know I know this has got to be a horrible rumor. No it is not a a rumor it is a possibility. Mike Tyson who used to be the baddest man on the planet turned prisoner, turned drug addict is thinking about returning to the boxing ring. In an interview the other day Tyson stated he may return to the ring this year to face Evander Over the Hill Holyfield. So most thought after reading the interview with Tyson that Evander would come out, say no way and that would be the end of that. Wrong!!! Evander was interviewed yesterday and basically said he would take the fight. In case you missed their first two meetings, Evander beat up and KOd Tyson in the 11th round in their first meeting as a huge underdog and their second meeting is most known because Tyson bit off a piece of Evander's ear and was DQd. That was in 1997, now we are in 2008 and both fighters are way past their prime and in Tyson's case flat broke trying to stay drug free. In Evander's case he is chasing the dream of becoming Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World again which this fight will not even help. Plus if he loses he should do what he should have done years ago, retire. This fight would just be for money, lets be honest. There is no belts involved, no history involved, no recognition involved. As much as I love my legends enough is enough. However the fan I am for both I will buy the fight hoping I can see the legend that once was in both fighters and hopefully Tyson will win. If it doesn't happen I will be content, but if it does although I will shake my head, I will watch with my own dream of seeing their greatness again.

No comments: