Thursday, July 17, 2008

Did Rahman Quit???

I am not a Hasim Rahman fan. Personally I think Rahman could have continued to fight. I have seen worse cuts. Speaking from personal experience of someone who has had extremely blurry vision, he did not appear to have blurry vision. Yes I know I do not have his eyes, but someone with blurry vision like he made it seem wants to sit down and be still. Rahman was not trying to be still at all. Toney was the one who was still and quiet. Now it was a clear accidental headbutt. However the issue is how Rahman's words perceived. Rahman stated multiple times he could not see. The doctor did not say the cut was so bad the fight could not go on. Rahman said I can't see. Apparently that was received as a retirement. If Rahman would have never said he could not see, the fight would not have been stopped. I still think the fight should have been a no decision or no contest even though I know Rahman could have continued. Rahman kept saying the blood was streaming in his eye, but he never came out after the cut. When a cut starts, blood comes out. When the cut is treated in the corner, the cutman should be able to stop the blood. Rahman said he would not fight Toney with one eye unless he has to. Well he opted not to by saying repeatedly he could not see. However judge for yourself what you think.

No comments: