Monday, June 9, 2008

Congratulations Larry Holmes



Congratulations to "The Easton Assasin" Larry Holmes on being inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame yesterday. Larry, in my view, never got his just due respect because of the timing of his career. They said he was just a fake copy of Muhammad Ali. Well Holmes was no copy and he proved it by amassing a record of 69(44)-6, a Heavyweight Champion reign of 7 years, 20 defenses of his title, and 48 straight wins. Holmes was no copy by no means because he had his own style. He was known for his accurate fast left jab and hard right hand. Holmes is definitely one of the best Heavyweights ever and he is finally in the Hall of Fame.

2 comments:

Lady Di said...

Wow, I had to skim thru some post to find SOMETHING I could leave a meaningful message under. So I congratulate Larry Holmes as well. Is this a long overdue or right on time induction Pound? I don't really know how these things work but I'm glad he's still alive and in (I guess) good health to enjoy it.

#1Pound4Pound said...

Yes it was right on time. The earliest you can go into the Hall of Fame is 5 years after your last fight. Larry Holmes has not fought since 2003, so he was inducted on the first ballot.

Where have you been? I have tried a couple times to go to your site to post a message but I have been unable to do so.