Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sergio Mora Gives Respect To Oscar De La Hoya



In a very classy manner, Sergio Mora went to the book signing Oscar De La Hoya was having to promote his new book American Son. Mora, WBC Super Welterweight Champion, grew up in East Los Angeles like Oscar De La Hoya did. De La Hoya was the fighter Mora looked up to growing up and in his career as a boxer. "As a Mexican American growing up in East L.A. Oscar was a personal inspiration for me," said Mora. "He proved that if you worked hard enough, no matter how large the obstacle, you could achieve your dream. That was in the back of my mind as I was training for my victory in "The Contender" as it was when I was training for my world title victory over Vernon Forrest. I had to tell that to Oscar in-person. And what better way to pay tribute than by getting a personally autographed copy of his life story?" It is always a great thing to see boxers showing each other respect outside of the ring.

No comments: