Friday, June 6, 2008

Evander Holyfield "Im Not Broke"


I found this little news flash on Fightnews.com. I pray that he is telling the truth.
Holyfield: “I’m Not Broke!”By Lisa DeCarlo
Despite recent reports that Evander Holyfield is broke, the former champ told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, “I’m not broke. I’m just not liquid. I do feel kind of sad because things have always been positive and now everybody wants to jump on me like I’m the worst person in the world and I went out and blew all my money.” Holyfield’s lavish 109 room estate, which sits on 235 acres of land in a suburb outside of Atlanta (and is located on Evander Holyfield Highway), was reportedly scheduled for auction on July 1st. However, his lawyers are now claiming that the estate, valued at $20 million, is no longer up for auction. While he would not elaborate, Holyfield stated: “Everything is alright with the house now.” Regarding his alleged failure to make child supports payments, The Real Deal said: “Never. I would NEVER do something like that. That’s been a consistency in my whole life. I have always taken care of my children. It’s just one of the mothers who is saying something because she thinks it will embarrass me. I just have to roll with the punches in this situation.” Holyfield has always been known to persevere through adversity and has ‘rolled with the punches’ throughout his entire career. Fight fans are confident that boxing’s only four-time heavyweight champ will be able to win this bout too. Friday, June 6 2008

2 comments:

Lady Di said...

I'm watching the oh so sad Ed McMahon story on E now along with other stars who've lost their belongings. Anyhow, Pound are you using IE when you try to get to my Blog? I logged in on IE7 and could not do anything - as if it was frozen. :MK

Take care in the meantime K? :D

#1Pound4Pound said...

Yes Ed is sad too. I am just going to your page and trying to click on comment to add one and nothing happens. I am doing what I always do when I leave comments. Not sure what the issue is.