Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Manny Pacquiao Is The New Pound4Pound King



Ring Magazine has elevated Filipino sensation Manny Pacquiao as boxings number one pound for pound fighter. Ring Magazine has officially received Floyd Mayweather Jr's letter stating he is relinquishing the Ring Magazine Welterweight Title. By doing so makes his retirement official and he is now removed from the number one spot as pound for pound best and Welterweight Champion. Congratulations to Pacquiao. Also Ring Magazine honored the request of Top Rank to wait until after the Pacquiao-Diaz fight to see if Pacquiao wants to relinquish his Super Featherweight Title.

2 comments:

clnmike said...

He is in his rightful place.

#1Pound4Pound said...

I personally have Joe Calzaghe at number 1 but I am not going to argue against Manny being number 1. I am a huge fan of Pacquiao and it is deserved. I just hope he keeps it. I hate for him to lose to David Diaz and go back down.